"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
50-hr course in teaching English to young learners (CTEYL) | without tutor
ITTT’s specialized courses are aimed at practicing TESOL teachers who want to gain even more knowledge, skills and understanding to enhance their performance in the classroom. Our Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners (CTEYL) is perfect for anyone who is currently teaching, or would like to teach, children of all ages and nationalities.
This course will reveal the knowledge and skills required to specialize in this field, as well as teach you how to create individual lesson plans and a teaching syllabus that you can delivery to a wide range of target groups. We will also discuss how the age of the students may affect your lesson plans and classroom environment and how you can adapt and tailor your lessons to deal with this. Upon completion of the course you will be aware of the problems and challenges you may face in this particular teaching environment but will also be confident in your own ability to deal with these challenges and be able to produce effective, motivating and enjoyable lessons.
CTEYL Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of teaching English to young learners.
- No previous experience or training in young learners’ education is required to complete this course.
CTEYL Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: Professional Development
This course is designed in a similar way to our main 60-hour and 120-hour TESOL courses. After studying the materials for each individual unit, your understanding will be evaluated before you move on to the materials for the following section of the course.
You will have up to six months to complete the course, and within this time frame you can work at any pace you feel comfortable with. Upon successful completion of all aspects of the course, you will receive your online Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners.
CTEYL Course Aims
Once you have completed the CTEYL online certification course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate and discuss, using industry standard terminology, your role as a teacher of young learners.
- Design an effective teaching syllabus based on an assessment of your students’ needs.
- Create individual lesson plans which are tailored to the needs of your students and also have clear ideas on how to deliver them to a wide range of target groups.
- Source and create classroom materials that are suitable for lessons involving young learners.
- Design and implement assessment methodologies for before, during and after a course.
- Have a clear understanding of the role of an English language teacher in a variety of young learner based scenarios.
- Identify and act upon opportunities to further your professional development.