Traditionally, TESOL certification courses fall under one of two categories: 4-week onsite courses, or 100% online, distance learning courses. The two options have their own definite benefits and weaknesses. To make the most of both of these options and to try and counteract their negative sides, we have combined the two courses in order to make a unique course that allows the maximum variety and flexibility for our participants. The first part of the course is conducted online; you will then attend one of our training centers for on-site practical experience. The online portion of the course allows you to study the methodologies and theories behind TESOL at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home wherever in the world you may be. You can then receive further, face to face, training at one of our training facilities. You will also be able to put your theory into practice by teaching authentic students.
The flexibility the combined course allows is perhaps its greatest strength. For those who feel the intense 4-week course is not conducive to their learning style, the combined course allows you to absorb the theories behind TESOL at a relaxed pace. You will then receive some of the enormous benefits of the on-site course by being able to practice your skills in a classroom environment. The combined course only requiring two weeks attendance may make things a lot more manageable.
There are three options for combined course attendance: five, eight and ten days. The eight-day and ten-day options include at least six hour of observed teaching practice (OTP) with feedback from the teacher trainer who has watched your class. The five-day combined course does not include OTP, but you are offered the option of completing some unobserved teaching practice at a later date.
The online portion has a generous deadline of 6 months and can be completed in as little as two weeks. This means that regardless of whether you want to get through the material quickly or take your time, you are free to do so. There is also the added bonus of having a dedicated, personal online tutor to help you through the course.
To receive full TESOL certification, you must successfully complete both portions of the combined course. The onsite portion of the course is available at a number of locations, details of which are listed below.
Choose your state!
- Enjoy the course at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home.
- Detailed feedback and advice from your personal online tutor.
- Tutors with experience in the TESOL field.
- Online videos of an authentic TESOL lesson.
- Practical classroom experience teaching actual students of English.
- Job guidance and placement service for jobs all over the world.
- Support for your teaching and career on an ongoing basis.
Features of the in-class and teaching practice portion of the course include:
- A greeting and transfer from the airport upon arrival.
- Clean, comfortable, private accommodation for the duration of your course.
- Guided lesson preparation from our qualified, experienced teacher trainers.
- Detailed feedback and evaluations on your plans and lessons themselves.
- Further training on aspects of teaching including classroom management, language awareness and teaching skills.
- The opportunity to observe experienced TESOL teachers in a classroom environment.
- All materials required for the course provided.
- Observed teaching practice.
- Seminars on TESOL career development.
- Full access to our online database of lesson plans and support.
Aims of the course
Our combined course will provide you with a firm base upon which to build your TESOL career. Upon successful completion, our students will have a strong knowledge of English grammar, an awareness of the various methodologies and skills behind TESOL and experience of teaching real students in an authentic classroom environment.