"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Home / TESOL E-Guide
The complimentary ITTT Guide to Teaching English Abroad contains insightful general information about the world of teaching English as a foreign language, the TEFL/TESOL qualifications available, how to secure a teaching position, preparing to go abroad and job prospects for TESOL teachers in various countries around the world.
Part 1 : General Information
- 1.1 What is TEFL/TESOL?
- 1.2 Who can teach English abroad?
- 1.3 Where can I teach English?
- 1.4 Students, schools and timetables
- 1.5 What experience/qualifications are required?
Part 2 : TEFL/TESOL Qualifications
- 2.1 In-class courses
- 2.2 online courses
- 2.3 Combined in-class and online courses
- 2.4 Specialized/advanced courses
Part 3 : Finding a Job
- 3.1 jobs overview
- 3.2 Internet search
- 3.3 Recruitment agencies
- 3.4 Mail shot
- 3.5 On the spot
- 3.6 Freelancing
- 3.7 CVs/resumes
- 3.8 Interviews
- 3.9 Contracts
Part 4 : Preparing to go
- 4.1 Gaining extra experience
- 4.2 Research
- 4.3 What to take
- 4.4 Useful resources/bibliography
- 4.5 Learning the language