"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TESOL Jobs in North America
There is a huge demand for teaching English in the USA and Canada. While in most countries of the world business and 'academy' type English is most common, in North America the emphasis is more on ESL (English as a Second Language). Just about every university and college in major cities has an ESL program, as do a variety of government and charitable organizations.
Although the demand for ESL teachers is enormous, it is extremely difficult for non-US citizens who do not have a green card to get a work visa. Therefore the majority of positions are filled by local citizens, usually on a part-time basis. ESL teaching is not particularly well-paid in comparison to the cost of living and hourly rates of US$ 30 are the norm.
1. Teachers Needed: Manhattan Beach, CA (Los Angeles), USA
Embassy CES, a world leader in English language instruction, has an immediate need for substitute teachers and a need for part-time/full-time teachers at our Manhattan Beach center as our program continues to grow.
Embassy CES is a progressive company with high standards of conduct and professionalism. The Manhattan Beach center offers a rewarding work environment at a Chapman University site.
Minimum requirements for consideration: A B.A. from an accredited university or college, a Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign/Second Language (TESOL), and demonstrated experience with students from around the world.
If interested, you should possess the following qualities:
- The ability to continually learn, change and improve.
- A very positive "can do" attitude and an absolute love of people.
- Understand effective communication and how to "enable" others in the workplace.
- The ability to put a smile on people's faces.
- Applicants must be able to commute to Manhattan Beach, CA and be available for an on-site interview at our Manhattan Beach location. We do offer health benefits to instructors who become full-time staff and a very competitive compensation package in general. We hope you will want to join a very positive work environment, one where you will have the opportunity to grow and contribute to a new and exciting program.
2. Teach English in Midtown Manhattan, New York City
We are an established business/language school in Midtown Manhattan. All our students are adult learners. We are currently accepting resumes from English teachers to teach the following courses:
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Business English
- You must be a native English speaker with a Bachelor’s degree and TESOL Certificate (or equivalent). Teaching experience is preferred.
To teach at our school, you would need to have two documents, TESOL Certificate and a teacher’s license from the NYS Education Department. You are welcome to interview first, and we will help qualified candidates with the application process. You may teach as soon as you submit your application.
Preference is given to already certified and licensed teachers.
Part time for starters, full time is possible depending on evaluation.
Salary is dependant on experience and education.