"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TESOL Jobs in Ukraine
The huge republic of the Ukraine has a chronic shortage of English teachers. Many placement organizations are able to send voluntary teachers on a local salary and a few private language schools have now opened. The EFL market is still very much in its infancy so prospects for motivated teachers are high.
1. General or Business English Teacher or intern for Kiev, Ukraine
Aachen Academy of European Languages in Ukraine Ltd.- a private language school in Kiev, Ukraine is offering the following openings:
- Native speaking EFL-teaching Intern
- Requirements: attendance of Studies in Pedagogies or Linguistics, (TESOL or equivalent). At least 1 year of EFL teaching experience, advanced PC user, knowledge of Russian Duties: Teaching of EFL in groups and private, assistance at the development of course programs and material. 75 academic hours of teaching monthly
- Salary: 600 USD Net monthly. No further benefits
- Duration: at least 3 Months
- Living Cost: average rent for a 1-room-Apt.is 300-500 USD, for 1 room- 150-300 USD.
- For someone with more experience- Native speaking EFL-Teacher.
- Requirements: Diploma in Pedagogies or Linguistics, more than 5 years experience of EFL teaching, advanced PC user, knowledge of Russian
- Duties: Teaching of EFL in groups and private, development of course programs and material. 100 academic hours of teaching monthly
- Salary: 1200 USD Net monthly or hourly for 10-12 USD/ hour . No further benefits
- Duration: at least 1 year.
- Living Cost: average rent for 1-room-Apt. is 300-500 USD, for 1 room- 150-300 USD.
2. Teach Business Management English in Ukraine
American English Center, established more than 12 years ago, is Ukraine's largest English school with 5 locations and more than 1500 students. To support our growth we are searching for conversational English teachers for our center of city locations in Kyiv, Odessa, and Dnipropetrovs'k (all major cities, with populations exceeding 1 million).
American English Center is a respected name in Ukraine. Our program was developed about 12 years ago when it was difficult to find native speakers. We created a program that pairs native English speaking teachers with Ukrainian teachers. It has built a solid reputation with teachers and students. More than 80% of the school’s students join through referral. We are serious about our program and believe it's the best in Ukraine. We are so confident that we offer our students a 100% refund if they are not happy with their course. We offer small classes of about 10 - 12 students. Our students are professional in the age range of 18 - 35 years. Students are given 6 hours of direct instruction per week. There are also conversation clubs available every day at no additional charge to students.
- Business degree and experience. TESOL or equivalent preferred.Native English speaker (preference for North American Accents).Energy and Enthusiasm are critical requirementsNew and inexperienced teachers welcome and encouraged to apply.
- 26 standard student-contact hours per week
- Additional hours available in our corporate program
- No homework checking -- No exam grading
- Basic salary at $1000 per month during the Academic year - after tax - based on 26 work hours per week.
- Opportunities for additional corporate work.
- Monthly bonuses paid after first teaching semester.
- One week vacations after every seven week semester.
- 2-3 week summer and Christmas vacations.