If you happened to be in the area, it would probably be fairly simple to arrange work in Central America. However, with the exception of Costa Rica salaries are likely to be impossibly low. Very few positions are ever advertised and you would probably need to refer to the Yellow Pages and present yourself to language schools listed there. Costa Rica is somewhat more promising and there is a reasonably high demand for native speaker teachers at reasonable salary levels.
1. Volunteer ESL Teachers Wanted in Guatemala
This position would be great for someone looking to explore Guatemala's beauty, meet new people and learn Spanish.
We need native American English speakers.
We are a small Preschool and K-6 school located in Chiquimula, Guatemala. We require volunteers that would work approximately 20-30hrs per week, however we don't limit your hours. We also offer English courses during the afternoons and weekends.
Student levels vary from very small children 5 or 6 yr. olds to teens and adults for the ESL courses in the afternoons.
We don’t pay for airfares, however we do provide you with a place to stay, and pay you to teach in the afternoons. Since we are a very small school this job would be strictly for volunteers. If you volunteer to teach at our school during the morning we would offer to pay you for the ESL courses you teach.
This would be a great opportunity for someone wanting to explore Guatemala's beauty, meet new people, (people are very friendly around here), and learn Spanish.
2. English Teacher in La Piedad, Mexico
The New York School of English is a cultural exchange and language center located in La Piedad, Michoacan, Mexico, conveniently situated between Guadalajara and Mexico City. La Piedad is a city with approximately 70,000 residents, but has an atmosphere and feel of a large town. La Piedad embraces history and cultural tradition, but offers comforts and conveniences of modern day life. This is an excellent location to experience the real Mexico.
The New York School of English has full time teaching positions available. We are accepting applications for English language instructors, for our current openings and for future consideration.
We offer the following benefits:
- Monthly Salary
- Paid furnished housing including private bedroom, kitchen, laundry area, etc.
- Paid electric, water, and rent
- Classroom: furnished with computer, internet, color television, video player, cd/cassette stereo, and whiteboard.
- Paid Christmas and Easter vacations
- Paid Federal holidays off
- No Saturday session requirement
We prefer candidates with the following credentials:
- Native English speaker
- Certificate in TESOL or equivalent
- Teaching experience abroad
- College / University degree and/or coursework
We seek individuals with the following attributes:
- Enjoys working with all ages and abilities
- Team player and efficient working independently
- Maturity / respectful / Friendliness / Extraversion
- Preparedness / Dynamic Lesson Planning / Punctuality / Flexibility
- 1The registration process is free and does not commit you in any way.
- 2Anyone fluent in English and aged 18+ is eligible for our courses.
- 3No previous experience or qualifications are required.
- 4Register today and receive a free e-guide covering the basics of TEFL/TESOL.
- 5All online courses are entirely flexible and self-paced. Work at your own pace in your own time!