Check out tefl tesol about Complete TESOL Certificate and apply today to be certified to teach English abroad.
You could also be interested in:
This is how our TEFL graduates feel they have gained from their course, and how they plan to put into action what they learned:
• How vital it is to engage with the students and foster a trusting environment with clear speech and instructions
• Not to make assumptions about what the students may or may not know, so use open language and get plenty of feedback
• The benefit of drill exercises for beginners, especially those who are lacking confidence
• Having a clear understanding of the content myself is vital to be able to teach it correctly and appropriately
• To think outside the square when it comes to resources, include plenty of visuals, especially relevant to the audience (movies, magazines, business documents etc)
• Knowledge that it is vital to be well prepared, have back up activities and to not be afraid to adapt and change the lesson
• More confidence in my knowledge of the english language and how to apply
that to different audiences.
• Knowledge that each student has different needs and personalities and therefore it is important that I am adaptable in the classroom to make sure all students are accommodated.