Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in Canada? Are you interested in teaching English in Richmond Hill, Canada? Check out our opportunities in Richmond Hill, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language. Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
Richmond Hill, Canada TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
While watching these two videos, I took note on how important the teacher's attitude is in the classroom. To list some mistakes I noticed in the first lesson are the following; 1. The teacher did not ask for names or do a general greeting/warm up for the class 2. The teacher's engage phase was very confusing, even for me to follow at first. 3. The teacher belittled students when they gave incorrect answers. 4. He scolded the students who came late to class. 5. He did not speak very clearly. 6. He did not use clear visuals on the board. 7. He did not demonstrate the activity. 8. He walked out of class early. Of course there are many other things as well, but these are some main points I noticed. In the second lesson, the students were noticeably more engaged and understanding of the materiel. Some things the teacher did well are the following; 1. The teacher asked for their names and used them. 2. The teacher called on students to participate. 3. Had clear visuals on the board. 4. Had an understandable engage activity. 5. Provided clear instructions and a demonstration. 6. Let the students work in pairs. 7. Let the class review/say what they learned about their classmates at the end of class.
Apply for your TEFL/TESOL Course!
- 1The application process is free and does not commit you in any way.
- 2Anyone fluent in English and aged 18+ is eligible for our courses.
- 3No previous experience or qualifications are required.
- 4Apply today and receive a free e-guide covering the basics of TEFL/TESOL.
- 5Sign up for your course before Mar, 04 2020 and receive an additional course free of charge.*
* Applies to in-class courses, combined courses, diploma courses and 120-hour online course with tutor and videos