The Past Tenses - Past Perfect - Teaching Ideas
This video is part of our series on the past tenses in English. In this video, we take a look at the past perfect tense and suitable teaching ideas for this tense. We'll ask our students to describe what a person in a picture had just done before the photo was taken.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching. This convenient, highly structured design means that you can quickly get to grips with each section before moving onto the next.
I was wise to undergo EFL training with ITTT as the learning process has been strategic and rewardin.
Five things I have to take away from learning with ITT.
1. Analyzing Class Environment: perceiving the strengths and weaknesses of the students by listening and deviling mutuality among each cultur.
2. Selecting Course Books: the course book is the key item for the teaching to discipline and track classroom progress, but the establish an effective relationship with the students, the teacher must channel who he/she is into the leadership role while the learning sections and pathway the course book entails remains secondar.
Not everything can be learned from the boo.
3. Relations with the Institute: The code of each school must be represented by the teacher no matter how strict the policies mayb.
Often the case is students will not agree with the disciplinary structure of their school and leave a cynical or false imagery of what learning is all abou.
Teacher's cannot change what the student sees in the school's system, but that is not their role eithe.
The teacher's performance determines the relationship between student, school and community, not the syste.
By remembering those values of which should be ingrained in each institute, the teacher is already doing half the job successfully (the other half being the teaching of the subject itself.
4. The ESA format: Although ESA travels in linear and nonlinear passages hence the patchwork and boomerang patterns, they set the tone for learning course materia.
Each method of ESA takes time to cultivate, but preparing the right layout should be clear enough once the teacher has enough experience with the class environment so far as halfway through the term anywa.
It all comes to min.
5. Beginning the profession: As challenging as things might appear at the start, teaching any group English brings valuable career skills, but invaluable learning experiences for both the teacher and studen.
No matter what you do in life, this is a rewarding craf.
This has been a brilliant course!