How to Pronounce 'UXORIAL' - English Pronunciation
In this episode, we cover the pronunciation of the word uxorial. This word is used as an adjective and describes things or habits relating to a wife. The word comes from the Latin 'uxor' meaning wife.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching. This convenient, highly structured design means that you can quickly get to grips with each section before moving onto the next.
When we want to do something in a perfect way we always plan it. As adults we like to plan our holidays, parties, weekends and even working days. We plan our private life so to show ourselves that we own the situation, that we have control. Exactly for the same reason we, as teachers, should carefully plan our lessons. Planning a lesson is an essential skill for any teacher, because it reflects the level of responsibility and professionalism.
When the teacher is able to create her/his own lesson plans, it means he/she have taken a giant step toward \"owning\" the lesson?s content and the methods he/she uses. Acquiring this skill is far more valuable than being able to use lesson plans developed by others. It takes a lot of thinking and practice to develop this skill but it is a skill that will help to define person as a teacher. Knowing \"how to\" is far more important than knowing \"about\" when it comes to lesson plans. There are a lot of components can be put to the lesson plan template, but some of them are really fundamental, so we as future teachers we should learn to write, revise, and improve them.
1. Learner objectives is a destination point and can not be avoided. Objectives should be clear and unambiguous. If the teacher really serious, he/she should become proficient in writing effective learning objectives.
2. Anticipated problems for teacher and students is a very important point for building a right lesson procedure and self-improving. When the anticipated problem matched the real problem that took place during the lesson and the teacher was prepared to solve the problem, that means lesson plan served the teacher well.
3. Procedure and phase should be also put into a good lesson plan. The lesson?s coherence is based on the right built procedure. Which activity should be used in which phase, how activities should interact with each other ? this is the way to achieve the learner objectives.
4. Timing. Right timing is the matter of experience. But, anyway, to avoid situations, where there are too much wasted time or not enough time for the activity in the lesson, the teacher should try to predict the timing.
5. Interaction. Pointing out in the lesson plan who talks to whom might help to reduce TTT.
Whatever we add to the lesson plan, the whole document should stay simple, readable, understandable and flexible as well as leading to the goals and balanced.