Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in Iowa? Are you interested in teaching English in Ashton, Iowa? Check out our opportunities in Ashton, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language. Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
Ashton, Iowa TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Unit thirteen focused on pronunciation and phonology. Having never been taught very much about either of these two subjects, I found this material very challenging. The phonology section covered three main sections, of which I have some familiarity. They are stress, rhythm, and intonation. Intonation talks about the various sounds within an entire sentence. There are three typical patterns: rise/fall, fall/rise, and flat. This signifies the whole volume and pitch of the sentence, which has to do with its rhythm. Stress has to do with which individual words are stressed. That is to say, the same sentence can have several different significations based on which word in the sentence is stressed. There are also different aspects of pronunciation. The physical aspect of this was the center of the section. It describes how different organs help produce different sounds. Finally, it talked about the phonetic alphabet. I've seen these forms in the dictionary but I never knew what they meant until now. They help the learner visualize how the word is going to sound, not based on its spelling, but rather based on the actual sound.
Apply for your TEFL/TESOL Course!
- 1The application process is free and does not commit you in any way.
- 2Anyone fluent in English and aged 18+ is eligible for our courses.
- 3No previous experience or qualifications are required.
- 4Apply today and receive a free e-guide covering the basics of TEFL/TESOL.
- 5Sign up for your course before Apr, 09 2020 and receive an additional course free of charge.*
* Applies to in-class courses, combined courses, diploma courses and 120-hour online course with tutor and videos