Andong, South Korea TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in South Korea? Are you interested in teaching English in Andong, South Korea? Check out our opportunities in Andong, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.
Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
Materials used for teaching are classified into two categories:
1) Authentic materials such as newspapers, magazines, poems, menus, movies, brochures, and songs. These materials give students confidence in their ability to use the language. They are interesting, motivating and diverse. However, they aren't graded for levels, this is why it is important to use it simultaneously with created materials.
2) Created materials such as crosswords, role-play cards, word search puzzles, picture stories, and flashcards are usually created by the teacher and they can be graded for language level.
Schools usually provides teachers and students with course books which consist of a student's book, a workbook, a teacher's book, and cassettes. These books have advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of course book include:
1) The students expect to use it
2) It is easier and less time consuming for the teacher to use it
3) It offers good ideas for novice teachers
4) It provides a graded material to the students
5) It has been tried and tested before getting published
6) It offers a review of language items that have been previously introduced
7) It contains a balanced mix of grammar and vocabulary
Disadvantages of course books include:
1) It doesn't tackle problems specific to different nationalities
2) It can be boring and predictable
3) It can drive the teacher to become lazy
4) It doesn't meet the specific needs of all students
5) It dictates to teachers what they should teach
In order to make the best use of course books, a teacher shouldn't use the course book for the whole lesson and he shouldn't base all lessons around it. In addition, he is supposed to adapt, replace and supplement items of the course book as necessary.
There are four ways for matching the course book with the students' needs:
1) Omission: Teachers may omit lessons that aren't useful to the students
2) Supplementing: Teachers can add additional materials
3) Replacement: Teachers may replace items in the course book with something more appropriate
4) Adaptation: Teachers can use the material in the course book in a different way