Across the world of TEFL the number of students continues to grow year-on-year, particularly in the field of Online English learning. In some quarters it is said that the number of people learning English Online could soon outnumber those who take the traditional in-class route. If you want to take advantage of this boom area of teaching, our CTEO course has everything you need to adapt your existing knowledge to suit the Online teaching field.
One of the unique benefits of this course is that once certified you will have access to our graduate network of CTEO alumni. Within this network you will find a wide range of teachers who work for all the main employers in Online English teaching.
CTEO Target Group
This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
The course is designed for anyone who is currently working or intends to work within the field of teaching English online.
No previous experience or training in teaching English online is required to complete this course.
We recommend the tutored version of this course as it provides the added support and ongoing assistance of a professional online tutor for the duration of your studies. Whenever you have any questions regarding any aspect of the course materials or you come across any problems, you can contact your tutor who will respond with helpful advice within one working day.
CTEO Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Equipment
- Unit 3: Working Options
- Unit 4: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 5: Social Media
- Unit 6: The Online Teaching World
Your understanding of the course materials will be assessed via a short test at the end of each individual unit. Once you have given your answers you should thoroughly review your work before submitting them for marking. Instead of a required pass rate for each unit test, you need to achieve an overall average score of at least 75% across all the unit tests to pass the course. Before receiving your certification you must submit the final summative task for review by an online tutor.
In order to provide the utmost flexibility, you are free to work through the course at any pace you like up to a maximum limit of six months. This should allow you to comfortably complete the course alongside any other work, study, or family commitments you may have.
CTEO Course Aims
Upon successfully completing the Certificate in Teaching English Online, course graduates should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English online using industry standard terminology.
- Create a curriculum based on an assessment of their learners' needs.
- Have real-world ideas for creating individual lessons that are tailored to the student's requirements, while also having clear ideas on how to execute the lessons to a wide spectrum of target online individuals or groups.
- Locate and create suitable materials for teaching English online.
- Develop assessment procedures for before, during and after the course.
- Understand the role of the English teacher in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Identify and pursue further opportunities for career development.
In order to take this specialized course you need to have already completed a TESOL certification course of at least 120-hours duration, either with ITTT or any other course provider. If you are already TEFL certified and would like to add this extra qualification to your portfolio, you can apply using the following link/form.
If you are yet to complete a TESOL certification course, the best option is to sign up for one of our great value course packages. The course in teaching English online (CTEO) is included in our 550-hour Expert Package.. For full details of this popular course option follow the link below.