Our specialized courses are designed for practicing TESOL teachers who want to further their training and gain even more knowledge, skills and understanding to take into the classroom. Our Certificate in Teaching Business English (CTBE) is perfect for anyone who wants to focus their English language teaching skills on adults, particularly in a business related setting.
Our business English course will introduce you to the rapidly expanding world of teaching English in a business environment. Adult business English students are often there for a very specific purpose and we will show you how you can tailor your lessons to suit their individual needs through effective needs analysis procedures. We will also help you to understand the various challenges that arise through teaching in an adult business environment and how to produce lessons that are not only effective, but also enjoyable and motivating. By adding this course to your CV/resume you will dramatically increase your employment options worldwide.
CTBE Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of business English.
- No previous experience or training in business education is required to complete this course.
Choosing the tutored option gives you access to the support and assistance of our experienced online tutors for the duration of the course. You will be able to contact a tutor at any time with any questions or problems you may have, and they will respond with helpful advice via email within one working day.
CTBE Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: The business English world
- Summative Task
The CTBE course is structured in much the same way as our main 60-hour and 120-hour TESOL courses. Once you have completed your studies for each individual unit, your understanding of the materials will be assessed before you move on and study the materials that accompany the following unit. When all unit tests have been completed successfully you will complete the final requirement of the course, which is a final essay writing task.
You will be given up to six months to complete all aspects of the course, and within this time frame you can work at whatever pace you choose. Once you have successfully completed all sections of the course, including the final essay writing task, you will receive your online Certificate in Teaching Business English.
CTBE Course Aims
Once you have completed the CTBE online certification course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate and discuss, using industry standard terminology, your role as a business English teacher.
- Design an effective teaching syllabus based on an assessment of your client’s needs.
- Create individual lesson plans which are tailored to the client’s needs and also have clear ideas on how to deliver your lessons to a wide range of target groups.
- Source and create classroom materials that are suitable for teaching business related English.
- Design and implement assessment methodologies for before, during and after a course.
- Have a clear understanding of the role of a business English teacher in a wide variety of classroom scenarios.
- Identify and act upon opportunities to further your professional development.
special price on offer from