Although the TEFL market continues to grow at a rapid pace in many parts of the world, online English teaching is currently seeing the largest overall growth. In the next year or two, online students could potentially overtake the number of students taking part in traditional in-class language lessons. Our Certificate in Teaching English Online (CTEO) is specifically designed to enable you to adapt all your existing teaching skills so you can take advantage of this rapidly growing job sector.
Successful completion of the course will not only give you all the skills and knowledge you need to teach in this unique environment, but also provide access to our graduate network of CTEO alumni. This access should enable you to make the perfect start to your online teaching career as our course graduates are employed by a wide variety of employers across the online teaching world.
CTEO Target Group
This course is designed for teachers who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
The course is aimed at anyone who is currently working or intends to work within the field of teaching English online.
Previous experience or training in teaching English online is not required to complete this course.
CTEO Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Equipment
- Unit 3: Working Options
- Unit 4: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 5: Social Media
- Unit 6: The Online Teaching World
Immediately following each individual unit your comprehension will be assessed by way of a short online test. Once each test is complete you then move on and work through the following unit. The pass rate for the course is an overall average score of at least 75% across all the individual units. To complete the course and receive your course certification, you must submit the final summative task for marking.
One of the most popular aspects of this course is that you get to set your own study schedule as you have up to six months to complete all the units. If you have no other pressing commitments you can potentially finish the course in just a week or two, while those with more hectic schedules can comfortably spread the workload over a longer timeframe.
CTEO Course Aims
Upon successfully completing the Certificate in Teaching English Online, course graduates should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English online using industry standard terminology.
- Create a curriculum based on an assessment of their learners' needs.
- Have real-world ideas for creating individual lessons that are tailored to the student's requirements, while also having clear ideas on how to execute the lessons to a wide spectrum of target online individuals or groups.
- Locate and create suitable materials for teaching English online.
- Develop assessment procedures for before, during and after the course.
- Understand the role of the English teacher in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Identify and pursue further opportunities for career development.
In order to take this specialized course you need to have already completed a TESOL certification course of at least 120-hours duration, either with ITTT or any other course provider. If you are already TEFL certified and would like to add this extra qualification to your portfolio, you can apply using the following link/form.
If you are yet to complete a TESOL certification course, the best option is to sign up for one of our great value course packages. The course in teaching English online (CTEO) is included in our 550-hour Expert Package.. For full details of this popular course option follow the link below.