"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
250-hour TESOL diploma course | without tutor (+ free course)
Within our wide variety of online TESOL courses, our TESOL Diploma course is the most advanced online qualification that we offer. The course is designed to be taken by practicing teachers or those who wish to achieve a higher level qualification having already completed a TESOL certificate level course.
There are a number of good reasons for enrolling on our online TESOL Diploma course including the following:
- To enhance your development and knowledge as an English language teacher.
- To increase your potential to earn a higher salary.
- The increase your chances of obtaining a more prestigious teaching position.
TESOL Diploma Course Content
The course is divided into 11 separate modules as outlined below:
- Course outline
- Module 1: Study Skills
- Module 2: A Brief History of ELT
- Module 3: Second Language Acquisition
- Module 4: Course Design
- Module 5: Discourse Analysis
- Module 6: Material Design
- Module 7: Phonology
- Module 8: Assessment Methods
- Module 9: Classroom Management
- Module 10: Embedding Learning Technologies
- Module 11: Continuing Professional Development
- Summative Task (Thesis)
Modules 1 to 11 each require in the region of 21 hours of study. For the summative task you will be required to produce a research based thesis that normally takes around 20 hours to complete. Therefore, you should expect to spend about 250 hours of study time on this course.
TESOL Diploma Course Aims
Our online TESOL Diploma course aims to cover a wide range of teaching issues from learning theories to material design. By successfully completing all aspects of the course, you should develop a clearer understanding of your role as an English language teacher in a variety of different environments.
As you work through the course modules you will not only improve your research skills and general writing abilities, but will also develop a wide range of transferable skills that will be useful both inside and outside the classroom.
Diploma Course Assessment
You will be continuously assessed as you work through the course. After you have studied a module you will be required to complete a multiple choice test that covers that section. You will submit your answers which will be automatically marked and your results will then be displayed on a bar chart. This process will continue for all eleven of the course modules. To complete the final stage of the course you will need to submit a research thesis as outlined in the summative task.
Once you have successfully completed all 11 module tests and the final research project, you will receive your online TESOL Diploma certificate.
TESOL Diploma Course Pre-requisites
To enrol on this advanced level course you must:
- Have completed a TESOL or equivalent certificate course.
- Be or have been a practicing teacher.
- Be able to finish all the course content and projects within one year.
Post Course Job Guidance
ITTT will provide you with all the advice and assistance we can to help you find a TESOL job after you have completed the course. This assistance includes the following services:
- Resume/CV preparation guidance
- How to find TESOL employment vacancies
- How to best apply for TESOL jobs
- Interview preparation guidance
We will provide these services and more throughout your teaching career.
TESOL Diploma Special Offer:
Signing up for our advanced online TESOL Diploma course before the end of this month entitles you to a free, 120-hour TESOL certification course. Diploma course applicants who have already achieved a TESOL certificate may instead choose either our CTEYL or our CTBE course as their free option.